- Finalized the ASA Key Points White Paper to the SGHA and sent a copy to IATA, which accepted our input, will review and open up for discussion at next meeting in March. As a reminder, 8 out of 9 GOS Contract GH representatives are ASA members.
- Held a Supervisory Board Meeting on 27 November. Focus was on Operating Board (OB) to create ad hoc Task Forces to deal with a) the identification of GH minimum operating standards, b) the preparation of a GH study report, and c) the finalization of a joint paper with ACI on Decent Work at Airports. An OB meeting is planned on 12 Dec
- Attended and spoke at the first ACI Airports Innovate event in Muscat, Oman. The event was well attended, and mention of the ASA-ACI Paper on Decent Work at Airports was made.
- Wrote congratulation letter to the newly appointed FAA Administrator, Mr. Michael Whitaker, inviting him to receive a delegation of ASA to discuss the worrying situation of ground-handling in the USA.
- Addressed the CAHA General Assembly, which took place in Miami, FL, on 17 November. This was an excellent occasion to catch up with the Caribbean-based association and members, which had some very pressing questions on the White Paper on SGHA in particular.
- Struck a deal with IATA and ACI on new, more equitable, terms of reference regarding the governance of IGOM/AHM in which ASA is almost guaranteed a veto right in future changes. The paper (in annex*) was sent to EASA in the hope it will prompt EU MS to access granting IGOM/AHM an Alternative Means of Compliance (AMC) status.